For medical emergencies, like sudden onset of chest pain, weakness in limbs, shortness of breath or collapse, please dial 999 for an ambulance. If you sustained an injury then go to your local A&E or minor injuries department. For any dental problems visit your dentist.
Beacon Medical Practice is committed to providing you the best possible access to its services.
We have recently changed our appointment system. Each morning all of our appointments are released and patients can book these online, by telephone or in person at one of our sites.
- We respond during working hours Monday to Friday
- We will usually get back to you within an hour (after 5pm it might be the next day)
- You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working, dependant on availability)
- If we need to see you we will usually give you an appointment the same day
If you prefer to call us, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose get in touch, your GP will get in contact with you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone or arrange to see you the same day.
- It saves you time
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need.
- It stops the 8am rush for appointments as you can contact the practice at any time, and up to 5pm get a response, and be seen if needed the same day!
Extended hours- Booked routine appointments are available Monday and Tuesday from 6.30pm to 8pm.