What is a Patient Participation Group (PPG)?
A group of registered patients and practice staff who meet frequently to discuss and make decisions about the practice and how it is able to service the community with improved healthcare services and facilities.
What is the purpose Of A PPG?
- For the practice and the group to agree what could enhance the practice.
- For the practice to understand the patients point of view and to encourage positive feedback.
- To actively encourage and welcome comments, suggestions from members of the local and wider community.
What is our aim in forming a PPG?
We aim to have a very active Patient Participation Group which meets quarterly with representatives from the practice to discuss topical issues, express their views on planned service developments and to raise any issues which are of concern and/or will help to improve the standard of care offered by the practice.
Together with our PPG we intend to:
- provide resources and services for the good of the practice population which would not otherwise be provided by statutory services
- encourage a spirit of self help and support amongst patients to improve their health and well being
- improve communication between the service providers, the group and the wider population
- promote a patient perspective and enable patients to access and make the best use of available health care.
No time to attend meetings?
If you would like to get involved but are unable to attend meetings why not join our virtual Patient Participation Group? Members can receive regular updates on practice developments and can give us views and suggestions.
We have a couple of ground rules for our PPG:
- The group is NOT a forum for individual complaints and single issues.
- We advocate open and honest communication.
- Silence indicates agreement – please speak up.
- All views are valid and will be listened to.
We welcome enquiries from patients who would like to join our patient group.