Most GP practices now have a Patient Participation Group (PPG). From 1 April 2015, it is a requirement in the GP Contract for all practices to
have a PPG. If you would like to join Beacon Medical PPG, just click here or give us a call and we will pass on your details to the group chair.
The role of the PPG includes:
• being a critical friend to the practice;
• advising the practice on the patient perspective and providing insight into the
responsiveness and quality of services;
• encouraging patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s
• carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice;
• organising health promotion events and improving health literacy;
• regular communication with the patient population.